« Back to all recent discussions
New Multy X user findings
These are my findings after I installed my Multy X with one node a couple of days ago.
If I had known the limitations of the management app I probably never would have bought the Multy X. Although the Multy X performs well on speed and connectivity, the options to manage and configure the Multy X can use a lot of improvement.
Below some remarks I h1ven on the Multy 1pp :
- the app is running very slow, even when just changing a name of a connected device, I takes a lot of time to update the information
- it does not seem possible to list connected devices based on the SSID they're connected to. It would be great for example to list or identify devices connected to the guest network. Now you have to go into the details to verify the IP range
- When I try to remove a device, the app icon keeps spinning but nothing is happening, the device (which is not connected at that time) is not removed and no error is shown
- An option to remove several devices in one go would be helpful or an option 5o schedule an automated clean-up for example for devices connected to the guest SSID
- When I set a filter to show the devices sorted on their name for example, the filter is not held, when you reopen the app you have to set the filter again
- It does not seem possible to set the DHCP IP range
- I can't find an option to limit access based on MAC addresses
- I can't seem to link an existing Multy to another management device. For example, I installed the app on my tablet and configured the Multy from this tablet. If I install the app on my smartphone to use this also to manage the Multy, the app starts the setup wizard from scratch. I don't see an option to connect the app to an existing/running/configured Multy
- There is also no security to access the app, it does not require a user id and password just open the app and you have access
- There is no option to disable the DHCP and use another DHCP on the LAN or use only fixed IP's
- There is also no option to disable DNS and use another DNS on the LAN
These are my first findings which I encountered during my first days of usage.
On top of that I also ran already into some technical issues but I will create separate post for those.
I don't know if some or all of my issues and questions were already posted before, I did not search for every comment yet because I find the search function of the forum confusing. When you search for a keyword, all replies within the same topic in which the keyword is found are shown as separate results sorted by date instead of one result. So you end up opening different results to find you just opened a reply to a topic you already read.
Sorry I'm sounding rather negative but I do find that most of the remarks are basic things which are present in all other routers I already used and I expected these ase a minimum to be available on the Multy X.
Lesson learned, do not only read the usage reviews but also browse the forums to look for common issues and comments before buying something.
Thanks for staying with me to the end of my first post !
And thanks even more for any comments or even better, solutions for my remarks ! :-)