« Back to all recent discussions

Not getting optimal speed from Multy X

King_NothingKing_Nothing Posts: 3  Junior Member
edited January 17 in Discussions
I have an 500/500 connection in my house and I use the 5 gHz-network. When I`m close to the main router, I get 500/500 with no problem, but in my office, I get 350/300 at max. The office is about 10m away from the second router. My house has a size of 190 square meter, and this system is said to give good speeds up to 460+ square meters.

Both of the routers are placed approx in the middle of the house (the design is a long horizontal house, two floors) in each floor. I have used the app when placing them and got told that the position is optimal for best performance.

Where would be natural to troubleshoot next?

#MultyX_Jan_2020

Comments

• Zyxel_EricZyxel_Eric Posts: 96  Zyxel Moderator
    edited January 17
    Dear Sir,
    Can you provide the screenshot of the Diagnose result on Multy App?

WiFi has two different frequencies, 2.4G and 5G.
    5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance.
    2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances but may perform at slower speeds.

The backhaul connection between Multy is by 5G, and 5G is very easy to get affect by the distance and obstacles. If there is a wall of obstacle between two Multys, the distance will narrow down a bit, otherwise, the second Multy may get affected.
  • King_NothingKing_Nothing Posts: 3  Junior Member
    Here you see it.
  • Zyxel_EricZyxel_Eric Posts: 96  Zyxel Moderator
    edited January 17
    Dear Sir,
    According to your Diagnose result, the performance on the second Multy is close to 500m which means the second Multy does get almost 100% of the throughput.
    Because the 5G connection will get affect by wall and distance easily, that's why you can only get 350m with 10m distance and in the office.
    What if your phone close(1 or 2m) to the sconed Multy will the speed get what you expected?

• King_NothingKing_Nothing Posts: 3  Junior Member
    edited January 17
    I have moved the second to a more open place now. And I have 6m from office to second. Shouldn`t this be able to give me full speed?

With my phone close to the second I get 450/450.

I have under half the size of the house that you say will give good speeds, so I really thought this would give 500/500 also in my office?