« Back to all recent discussions

Nas326 iDrive/pacman

jan_filipecjan_filipec Posts: 7  Junior Member
edited November 2018 in Questions
So I'm trying to run the idrive client directly on my nas326 to run cloud backup and i came up with the following options:
1. Somehow adapt the app idrive has made for Synology/qnap/asustor devices-have no clue if even possible
2. Use the perl script idrive provides for linux and run it under the native arch Linux-am stuck at installing perl, the pacman package manager is missing, failed to install it manually and can't get ffp fun plug to update because of no internet access
3. Use the perl script under Debian/Ubuntu-dont want to mess up the whole system with flash and also not sure how complicated it is to chroot it 
4. Buy Synology instead and play with something else

I would very much appreciate any advice. Also I'd like to try to use the Nas to control some relays sometime in the future so any help with the package manager and or tips in that direction would be great either way.

#NAS_Oct_2018
Tagged:

Answers

• MijzelfMijzelf Posts: 1,073  Heroic Warrior Member
    Can you point me to a download link for that idrive app for Syno/...

If you have a perl script which might do the job, you can try Entware-ng, which has some similarities with ffp. That is installable if you first install MetaRepository

• jan_filipecjan_filipec Posts: 7  Junior Member
    App for synology machines:
    Linux scripts:

The meta repository I have already, I'll try the entware-ng when I get home.
    Thanks.

Make sure you first update MR from the mirror, before trying to install Entware-ng

About that Synology app, I downloaded the universal package IDrive-all.spk, which is actually a tar file, containing an archive package.tgz, containing a webinterface, and a binary idevsutil_IDrive, which seems to be the 'heart of the package'.

That binary starts and spits a user manual on both my Medion and my NAS520. So I guess it will also do so on your NAS326.

./idevsutil_IDrive 

• jan_filipecjan_filipec Posts: 7  Junior Member
    Ok, so the binary runs also on my NAS. I wasn't able to make it do anything useful yet, but it seems to be possible. Thank you.

I also installed perl through Entware-ng
    [email protected]:/# perl -v
    This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 0 (v5.28.0) built for arm-linux-glibc
     however perl -V gives me
    [email protected]:/# perl -V
    Can't locate Config.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Config module) (@INC contains: /opt/lib/perl5/5.28).BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    and running a script
    [email protected]:/# perl .script/account_setting.pl 
    Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (you may need to install the strict module) (@INC contains: /opt/lib/perl5/5.28) at ./account_setting.pl line 7. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./account_setting.pl line 7.
    Any idea how to install it correctly?
    Thanks.
    Any idea how to install it correctly?

I'm not very into perl, but

(you may need to install the strict module)(you may need to install the Config module)

Executing

su
    gives a list of available perl stuff, including a 'perlbase-config', but no strict. According to this site you can use cpan to install perl modules, and there is a 'perlbase-cpan'.